The Institute for the Development of Energy Assessment (IDEA) is a professional body for energy assessors, home inspectors and other professionals in the energy & carbon reduction markets.
Benefits of IDEA membership
- Provides a private members forum for an exchange of views, information or leads
- Promote Member Services to General Public: All members are listed on our Find an Assessor page that enables the general public to find an assessor of any type, be that Air Conditioning (TM44), DEA, NDEA, Green Deal etc
- Promote the professional standing of members: Membership of IDEA is open to individuals working in energy assessment and home inspection and it is on behalf of their long-term interests that the society will carry out its public affairs activity.
- Helps members become better qualified: We do this by providing a comprehensive programme of events designed to help members acquire and maintain relevant knowledge and skills. There is a CPD scheme based on knowledge and skill requirements to be fit for purpose.
- Identify the sources of professional advice: There is one set of designations which makes it much easier for consumers to identify assessors who are members of the institute and for consumers to recognise that membership of the institute is an essential part of selecting an energy assessor or home inspector. We offer a ‘find an Assessor’ facility on the website which is available to members, as a route to market.
- Develop members business and client skills: The Institute for the Development of Energy Assessment (IDEA) is keen to support members in their business and offers specific business skills courses, meetings and conferences and mini-conferences which take place across the UK and a website containing a wealth of up-to-date information on a broad range of issues including technical developments. To ensure that members receive the support that is relevant to them, there are faculties which are designed to cater for the needs of specialist groups of members, such as commercial property assessors and home inspectors. The regional structure is a vital part of IDEA. Regions are run by teams of dedicated volunteer steering group members across the UK. Regular meetings deliver a range of speakers providing motivation, business ideas, regulatory information and technical content. Regional meetings and workshops are available to our members at a very reasonable cost. They also provide an ideal opportunity to network and share thoughts and ideas with colleagues.